Highway Semi-truck Attorneys
The violent impact of a commercial semi truck striking a car or motorcycle has devastating consequences. People are injured. Lives are lost. Justice must be served, especially if the truck driver or trucking company failed to follow basic standards of safety. At Bulman Law Associates in Montana, we understand the consequences of your truck accident and we diligently fight for your right to be compensated.
If you have been injured or lost a family member in a truck accident, you need immediate advocacy. Contact a tractor-trailer accident attorney at 406-721-7744 or toll free at 800-272-7744 or fill out the online contact form. We have more than 50 years of combined legal experience protecting the rights of our clients.
Causes of Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers have difficult and challenging jobs. Long hours operating a large 18-wheeler can take its toll. However, they still must adhere to regulations governing their industry. Our lawyers have an extensive understanding of the rules that dictate the amount of time truck drivers are allowed to be on the road and the number of breaks that they should be taking. Falling short of those laws can lead to catastrophic semi wrecks. There are many causes of trucking accidents, including:
- Driver fatigue: Tired drivers are less alert and are the number one cause of trucking accidents.
- Negligent driving: Certain speeds must be maintained by truck drivers when the weather takes a turn for the worse. Montana weather can change in minutes, especially on snowy mountain passes.
- Improper truck maintenance: Failure to inspect the brakes and improper tire inflation can lead to blowouts and increased stopping distances. Cost cutting will eventually cause crashes.
- Alcohol and drug use: Drinking and driving or taking different drugs to stay awake can greatly impair a driver’s reaction time. As many as 35 percent of truck drivers may be using drugs to stay awake and to get sleep as well. 100,000 pounds can become a deadly missile in an instant.
- Improper truck loading: Loads can shift during transportation and cause fatal accidents if not properly secured. Unsafe loading could also lead to workers’ compensation claims.
If you have fallen victim to any of the causes of trucking accidents, we can help. Our Montana attorneys will fight to protect your interests while pursuing your personal injury or your wrongful death claims.
Partnering With Experts to Build Your Truck Accident Claim
At Bulman Law Associates, we utilize experts in the industry to better represent you in court. Accident reconstructionists tell the story of how the accident happened. Detailed analysis of the truck’s black box will provide data on speed and braking. Reviewing log books and other driving and employment records help us dig a little deeper. The laws of physics don#8217;t lie and never change.
Even finding the true owner of the truck sometimes presents difficulties. However, it is one of many challenges that we tackle on your behalf.
To get started on your case right now with no obligation whatsoever, simply complete our online contact form or give us a call at 406-721-7744. Let us start working on your Montana accident case immediately.